Legal Disclaimer – General
Neither the website nor use of information from the website creates an attorney-client relationship. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision and you should consider the information contained on this website as well as other relevant factors in making such decisions.
Legal Disclaimer – Contacting us via the Internet
Contacting us via the Internet – You may contact Schaffer Family Law Group, APC in writing via contact forms on this website to schedule a consultation. HOWEVER, sending communication to us via contact form message to our office, does not create an attorney-client relationship. Do not send confidential or privileged information to us until you establish such a relationship; and even then, continue to be aware and always cautious that any non-encrypted email or other electronic contact channels SHOULD NEVER BE CONSIDERED secure.
Even if we have created and attorney-client relationship, we advise against sending privileged or confidential information through non-encrypted email at all, since we can in no way ensure the security of your email or email systems in general. Despite appropriate precautions, email and other forms of electronic communications cannot be completely protected against disclosure to someone other than the intended recipient. As a result, we cannot and do not make any representation that emails transmitted are entirely private. By sending sensitive or confidential email messages that are not encrypted you accept the risks of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet.
By accepting the terms of this Legal Disclaimer, you acknowledge that the firm has no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information you transmit to us.
To the extent the State Bar Rules in your jurisdiction require us to designate a principal office and/or a single attorney responsible for this Website, This Firm designates its office in Del Mar, California, USA as its principal office and designates Sarah T. Schaffer as the attorney responsible for this Website and advertising platform.
This web site was created November 2011.
Terms & Conditions:
Jurisdiction – The Attorneys of this Firm are licensed in California ONLY, unless otherwise designated. Unless otherwise specified, some attorneys listed in this website are not certified by the California State Bar of Legal Specialization and are not certified as a specialist in any practice area certifiable by the California State Bar. If you have any questions concerning Firm, please contact us at 858.509.7907 or in writing via snail mail: Attn: Website Legal Disclaimer, 12520 High Bluff Drive, Suite 380, San Diego, CA 92130.
INFORMATION PROVIDED IS GENERAL IN NATURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE.
This information may not reflect current legal developments or the current status of the law and is general in nature. It should not be relied upon or construed as legal advice and is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a competent attorney licensed in your state.
The materials on this website are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal, medical, tax or other advice.
This Firm assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this website.
This Firm is not responsible for any third-party content that may be accessed through or linked to this website.
No warranty of any type is made and Firm and its affiliates or vendors will not be liable for any damages or any kind from any loss or claim including tort, negligence, breach of contact or product liability arising in any way from use of this website.
Further, the sending or receipt of this information does not create an attorney -client relationship between us.
Do not send us confidential information via e-mail without first speaking with one of our lawyers and obtaining authorization to do so.
For more specific, comprehensive, and up-to-date information, or for help with particular factual situations, you should seek the opinion of legal counsel licensed in your state.
This Firm does not desire to represent clients based upon their review of any portions of this website that do not comply with legal or ethical requirements.
Before you hire a professional ask that written materials be provided about their qualifications and training.
Permissions: All materials on this website and server, including but not limited to content, images, graphics, framing, design, layout, trade names, and trademarks are owned and reserved by Firm and protected by United States and international copyright and other intellectual and commercial property laws.
Visitors may visit, access, download or print materials on the website only for personal use. All commercial or other use is prohibited.
Terms and Conditions of Use:
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
2. Limitations on Use. The Content on this Website is for your personal use only and not for commercial exploitation. You may not use the Content to determine a consumer’s eligibility for: (a) credit or insurance for personal, family, or household purposes; (b) employment; or (c) a government license or benefit. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from this Website or the Content. Nor may you use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities, or users. You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy our Website or the Content without Provider’s prior written permission. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit, or public purposes all or any portion of this Website, except to the extent permitted above. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export this Website or any portion thereof, or the Content in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America. Any unauthorized use of this Website or its Content is prohibited.
3. Not Legal Advice. Content is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is formed, nor is anything submitted to this Website treated as confidential. The accuracy, completeness, adequacy, or currency of the Content is not warranted or guaranteed. Your use of Content on this Website or materials linked from this Website is at your own risk.
5. Digital Millennium Copyright Act – Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement. Provider has registered an agent with the United States Copyright Office in accordance with the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “Act”) and avails itself of the protections under the Act. Provider reserves the right to remove any Content that allegedly infringes another person’s copyright. Provider will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, subscribers and account holders of the Provider’s system or network who are repeat infringers of another person’s copyright. Notices to Provider regarding any alleged copyright infringement should be directed to Schaffer Family Law Group, 12520 High Bluff Drive, Suite 380, San Diego, CA 92130
7. License of Your Content to Provider. By posting, publishing, uploading, or distributing any messages, data, information, text, graphics, links, content, or other materials (collectively, “Postings”) for use on this Website, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) Provider a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license, with the right to sublicense, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally display and digitally perform, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such Postings or incorporate such Postings into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Provider for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in Postings you provide to Provider.
8. No Solicitation. You shall not distribute on or through this Website any Postings containing any advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods, services or funds or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization without the express written permission of the Provider. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in any interactive areas of this Website (in the event Provider provides any “Interactive Areas”), which includes, without limitation, any blogs, wikis, bulletin boards, discussion boards, chat rooms, email forums, and question and answer features, where appropriate you (a) may list along with your name, address and email address, your own web site’s URL and (b) may recommend third party websites, goods or services so long as you have no financial interest in and receive no direct or indirect benefit from such recommended website, product or service or its recommendation. In no event may any person or entity solicit anyone with data retrieved from this Website.
9. Advertisers. This Website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this Website is accurate and complies with applicable laws. Provider will not be responsible for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials or for the acts or omissions of advertisers and sponsors.
10. Registration. Certain sections of this Website, may from time to time, require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to inform Provider of any changes to that information. Each registration is for a single individual only, unless specifically designated otherwise on the registration page. Provider does not permit (a) anyone other than you to use the sections requiring registration by using your name or password; or (b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network or otherwise. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify Provider immediately by emailing us via our online contact form.
11. Errors and Corrections. Provider does not represent or warrant that this Website or the Content or Postings will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected or that it will always be accessible. Provider does not warrant or represent that the Content or Pages or Postings available on or through this Website will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. Provider may make improvements and/or changes to its features, functionality or Content or Pages/Postings at any time.
12. Third Party Content. Third party content (including, without limitation, Pages/Postings) may appear on this Website or may be accessible via links from this Website. Provider shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability for any infringement, mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third-party content appearing on this Website. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief or opinion of Provider. Further, information and opinions provided by employees and agents of Provider in Interactive Areas are not necessarily endorsed by Provider and do not necessarily represent the beliefs and opinions of Provider.
13. Attorney Ethics Notice. If you are an attorney participating in any aspect of this Website, including but not limited to Interactive Areas, you acknowledge that the Rules of Professional Conduct of the jurisdictions where you are licensed (“Rules”) apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by these Rules. These Rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, unauthorized practice of law, and misrepresentations of fact. Provider disclaims all responsibility for your compliance with these Rules. You further agree and acknowledge that when you participate in any Interactive Area on this Website, that you will not offer legal advice, but will only provide general information.